Monday, August 10, 2009

Izy is..or Izy ain't

Logged a lot o kilometers today, tooling around the countryside. I found this place, Izy. Iz beautiful, no? I think when I'm ready to shift gears from the long views, I'll head back here to this very quiet place. I only saw one person, from a distance in a courtyard, for the whole long while I was wandering there.
This reservoir is a characteristic feature of the Beauce villages, and reflects their long farming tradition. It has a specific name which I will have to remember. This one is particularly beautiful, surrounded by several intact farm complexes, all still working farms, and right in the middle of the small village.
I painted this nearby, then a second quick one a few KM down the road.

Here are a couple more views of the same region, the last is a bike in a race with a very large tractor. The bike won, by a long way.


1 comment:

  1. Izy is!
    I love the colors that you are using! That field is so delicious! the cream and the orange and the pink....that reservoir looks like it was made just for you to paint...the jumble of boxlike masses, the flat plain of water that becomes sky...amazing

    ReplyDelete